- 2014 CPNG/GASCO Annual Meeting - Sept. 5 & 6, 2014 Register today for the 2014 CPNG/GASCO Annual meeting to be held Friday, September 5 & Saturday, ...Read Full Story
- Integrative Oncology Training for Patient Navigators - Research StudyLearn more about an opportunity to participate in a research study in Georgia.... Introduction ...Read Full Story
- Visit Georgia COREs Innovative WebsiteGeorgia CORE launches a new, innovative website: ...Read Full Story
- Have you paid your 2014 dues?The 2014 Annual CPNG conference and access to the ACCC Resources are free to all members who have paid their ...Read Full Story
Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia
Welcome to the Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia website!
Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia is a statewide organization of people who guide individuals and their families through the continuum of cancer care.
Our mission is to connect, educate and share best practices among patient navigators in Georgia, so that together we can successfully reduce barriers and increase access to services specifically related to cancer
Please Pay your 2014 Dues Now! Click here
- 3rd Annual Matt Mumber, MD Visionary Award - Applications are due July 30, 2014. Learn more
- Register today for the CPNG/GASCO Annual meeting September 5 & 6, 2014 at the Intercontinental Buckhead Register
- Integrative Oncology Training for Patient Navigators Nov. 2014 - Research Study: Application Date Extended to August 15, 2014 Learn more
Patient navigation will play a consistent, defined and sustainable role for all Georgians throughout the cancer continuum to include prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and end of life care.
CPNG includes individuals who serve people with all types of cancer, at all stages, in all types of settings, with a diversity of education and training, but a shared mission.
CPNG seeks to participate in defining the field of patient navigation with appropriate core competencies for navigators.
CPNG strives for excellence through a conscious effort to unite, connect, and share best practices through statewide communications and networking.
CPNG shares a sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it.
CPNG believes that all aspects of people's needs -- psychological, physical, social and spiritual -- should be taken into account and seen as a whole.
- Build a shared sense of purpose.
- Attract and sustain membership.
- Identify the needs of CPNs and match them with resources.
- Foster collaboration.
- Share best practices.
- Define the value of CPNs in affecting overall outcomes.
- Bring clarity/structure to the role of CPNs in Georgia.
- Educate target audiences about the significance of CPN