- 2013 CPNG Presentations are online!!!We hope you enjoyed the 2013 Annual CPNG meeting on September 7, 2013. The presentations are now ...Read Full Story
- Have you paid your 2013 dues?The 2013 Annual CPNG conference is free to all members who have paid their $10 Membership. Please pay ...Read Full Story
- Georgia CORE Launches Innovative WebsiteGeorgia CORE launches a new, innovative website: www.GeorgiaCancerInfo.org ...Read Full Story
Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia
Welcome to the Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia website!
Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia is a statewide organization of people who guide individuals and their families through the continuum of cancer care.
Our mission is to connect, educate and share best practices among patient navigators in Georgia, so that together we can successfully reduce barriers and increase access to services specifically related to cancer
Control the Costs of Anti-Cancer Medications for all
We need your Support. ACT NOW. Learn More
2013 CPNG Annual Meeting was held September 7, 2013 and the presentations are now online!! Log into the Members page and click the "Educational Conferences" to find the 2013 Annual meeting.
Patient navigation will play a consistent, defined and sustainable role for all Georgians throughout the cancer continuum to include prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and end of life care.
CPNG includes individuals who serve people with all types of cancer, at all stages, in all types of settings, with a diversity of education and training, but a shared mission.
CPNG seeks to participate in defining the field of patient navigation with appropriate core competencies for navigators.
CPNG strives for excellence through a conscious effort to unite, connect, and share best practices through statewide communications and networking.
CPNG shares a sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it.
CPNG believes that all aspects of people's needs -- psychological, physical, social and spiritual -- should be taken into account and seen as a whole.
- Build a shared sense of purpose.
- Attract and sustain membership.
- Identify the needs of CPNs and match them with resources.
- Foster collaboration.
- Share best practices.
- Define the value of CPNs in affecting overall outcomes.
- Bring clarity/structure to the role of CPNs in Georgia.
- Educate target audiences about the significance of CPN